Terms and Conditions
Use of this product constitutes your acceptance of the The Wood Bat Factory Warranty and all conditions, limitations and restrictions set forth herein. If you do not agree to all conditions, limitations and restrictions set forth herein, you may return the unused, non-custom product in its original condition and with the original proof of purchase to The Wood Bat Factory for a full refund. Customized wood bats, may not be returned or exchanged for a refund.
The Wood Bat Factory offers a warranty policy on our entire line of wood playing bats, with a few exceptions. We do not offer a warranty on any Clearance Items, BLEM Bats, Batting Practice Bats, Cage Bats, or any items sold "as is".
Wood Bat Warranty
The Wood Bat Factory offers a 30 day warranty on all Playing Bats sold in our brick and mortar locations, or online at http://www.thewoodbatfactory.com. All of our brands hand craft their bats to exact specifications. Upon completion, bats are inspected according to each manufacturers quality assurance standards to ensure there are no blemishes or defects. Still, bats may break for a variety of reasons. If that happens within 30 days of purchase, we will be happy to provide a replacement bat, as long as there is no evidence of misuse. All shipping charges will fall on the returning customer. Examples of misuse that will not be covered under warranty include, but are not limited to:
- Hitting anything other than baseballs/softballs
- Hitting dimple balls at batting cages
- Banging the bat against cleats, the ground or other objects
- Slamming the bat down
- Collapsed cups that do not affect the bat's performance
All bats will be inspected upon return, and bats deemed unusable will be replaced. If a bat is deemed usable, or abused, we will send the bat back to the customer with a detailed explanation.
If your bat breaks within 30 days of purchase, please fill in the form located in the link below, and send the bat back to us for review, along with a proof of purchase (submitted digitally). As long as there is no clear evidence of misuse and the bat purchase was made within the last 30 days, your bat will be replaced, and a new bat will be shipped to you. If there is evidence of misuse, you will receive a detailed email with a full report.
Orders can only be replaced 1 time per bat purchase.
All returns must be shipped within 10 business days of a submitted warranty claim.
To submit a claim, please Contact Us here.
Sole & Exclusive Remedy: The remedies provided herein, repair or replacement are the sole remedies available and purchaser waives all other remedies including but not limited to recovery of consequential damages, attorney’s fees and legal expenses. In the event of legal proceeding or arbitration, purchaser agrees that any monetary recovery will be limited to the purchase price of the bat.
WARRANTY: The Wood Bat Factory provides the original purchaser a one-time replacement within 12 months of the original date of purchase under the following conditions:
1. The bat is accompanied by the original receipt (proof of purchase).
2. The bat was purchased from The Wood Bat Factory. We do not warranty any product purchased from or through a third party.
3. The bat broke as a result of a manufacturer’s defect during normal use.
The Wood Bat Factory Warranty covers manufacturer’s defects resulting from normal use including:
• Cracking or breakage.
Proper Bat Care Guidelines
The Wood Bat Factory carries only high-performance wood bats. The lifespan of these high-performance products depends on the amount of use and care given to each bat. We suggest the following for proper care and use:
• Bats are used with leather covered baseballs and softballs only. Using weighted or non-traditional baseballs or softballs can and will damage certain bats voiding any warranty.
• Bats should be for personal use only. Bats used by multiple participants can and will decrease the lifespan of the bat.
• Bats should not be used in weather resulting in temperatures below 60°F (15°C). Temperatures below this range make balls harder than normal and therefore can increase damage to bats.
• Throwing of bats or hitting of bats against objects such as cleats, rocks, or anything besides leather covered balls will damage bats and decrease its lifespan. This can also cause premature damage to the bat resulting in an increase in damage potential as well as voiding the warranty.
• To clean your bats, use water and mild soap. Do not use any type of chemicals for cleaning as they can damage the finish, cosmetics, and integrity of certain components.
The Wood Bat Factory Warranty does not cover:
• Bats that have been abused, altered, or mistreated due to improper care, accidents, misuse, overuse or negligence
• Bats that have been used in commercial batting cages
• Bats that have been used in temperatures below 60°F(15°C)
• Bats not purchased from The Wood Bat Factory
• Bats not submitted by the original purchaser
• Clearance Bats, BLEM Bats, BP Bats or Cage Bats
• Bats that have been hit by objects other than leather covered baseballs such as cleats and/or rocks. If marks on bats submitted match that of cleats and/or rocks, warranty will be void and will be considered “abused”
• Grips, decals, or stickers
Note: Our warranty is not transferable and does not cover grips, abuse, misuse, bats used in commercial cages, altered bats or any bat that has been damaged due to improper care, accidents, misuse, overuse or negligence.
Requirement of Tender: As a condition of any warranty claim, the bat and a valid receipt from The Wood Bat Factory are tendered to The Wood Bat Factory at the address listed below. Warranties will not be honored unless the bat and receipt are tendered. All products returned under warranty will be reviewed by our qualified staff. If it is determined that your bat is covered under warranty, The Wood Bat Factory will send you a replacement bat of the same brand, model, size, and drop weight. We reserve the right to perform testing to determine if the bat meets warranty requirements and/or to refuse warranty service to any person who, in the judgment of The Wood Bat Factory, abuses the product and/or warranty policy. The Wood Bat Factory also reserves the right to substitute a similar product as a replacement, if necessary.
WARRANTY BATS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE WOOD BAT FACTORY
In some instances, our manufacturer's offer separate and exclusive warranties. In such cases contact us, and we will deal with each manufacturer on your behalf to facilitate any warranty offered.
Dispute Resolution: In the event that any dispute regarding any condition of a bat sold by The Wood Bat Factory, or any warranty claim cannot be resolved, purchaser and The Wood Bat Factory agree that the dispute shall be subject to binding arbitration in Cooperstown, New York, and that New York law shall be applicable to the resolution of the dispute.
Notes: Bats returned without Original Proof of Purchase will not be warrantied.
If you have additional questions or concerns, you may contact us at INFO@THEWOODBATFACTORY.COM.
How to Send Your Bat to The Wood Bat Factory
- Review the Terms and Conditions above
- Complete the Return Authorization Form
- Return your bat, along with proof of purchase and a copy of the Return Authorization Form*, by prepaid carrier to the address provided on your return form.
*Please note: warranty returns missing an authorization form will experience delays in the replacement process.
RETURN/EXCHANGE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Customized items, including wood bats, may not be returned or exchanged.
Exchanges (non-custom items): If you purchased your non-custom item at thewoodbatfactory.com, you may exchange your item within 30 days from the date of purchase. Items must be new, unused, in their original packaging, and include proof of purchase. The Wood Bat Factory will not exchange any engraved or used bats. If the customer wishes to exchange the bat for a different priced bat, the customer will either pay or be refunded the difference in price between the two bats. Customer will be responsible for shipping charges related to exchanged items. Replacement product on exchanges will be shipped within 7 business days, unless an out-of-stock item is custom ordered.
Returns (non-custom items): If you purchased your item at thewoodbatfactory.com, you may return your item within 30 days from the date of purchase. Items must be new, unused, in their original packaging and include proof of purchase. For qualifying returns, The Wood Bat Factory will issue a refund to your credit card within 2 business days from the date we process your return. Refunds will not include the original shipping and handling costs and will be subject to a $9.99 restocking fee.
You may not return a customized bat or product, unless:
- There is an error in the customization due to circumstances not related to the purchaser (ie: if purchaser approved a proof with a misspelling - no return is allowed).
In this case, the bat must be unused and returned within 30 days.
- The item you received is not the item you ordered or there is a manufacturing defect. In this case, the bat must be unused and returned within 30 days. If either of the above situations occurs, The Wood Bat Factory will provide you with a return label.
You may return unused/unworn apparel within 30 days for a full refund. If the item you received is not the item you ordered, or if there is a manufacturing defect. Customer is responsible for return shipping charges.
All custom engraving must be approved before your item can be engraved and shipped to you. You will receive a digital art proof of your engraving after your items are purchased. You MUST provide a valid email (that you check frequently) for artwork proofing. If the art proof is approved digitally and the custom engraving is done exactly as approved, we are not responsible for any misspelling or other errors. It cannot be returned, unless it falls into the guidelines above (see return policy above).
Return Address:The Wood Bat Factory - RETURNS
Cooperstown, NY 13326
We recommend keeping the tracking # for returns to ensure receipt.
Email our warranty team or give us a call us at (607) 282-4431